Are you a rustic chic or a modern classic kind of couple? Regardless of your style, any season at Hermann Hill provides a memorable backdrop for your dream wedding or elopement. No matter the time of year, each couple can expect a unique, customizable and stress-free wedding experience. If you’re still deciding which season to say “I do” in, keep reading to learn how our wedding venue in Missouri makes every season special.
Spring Weddings in Missouri Wine Country
Spring is always a popular time of the year to get married or elope. Flowers are in bloom, the river starts to thaw, and the sun stays a little longer to warm your wedding day. From breathtaking views at the River Bluff ceremony site to the Bar Area for cocktail hour to the Indoor Pavilion for cake-cutting and dancing, you won’t be disappointed with the intertwined elements of the new season.
Top reasons to get married in spring:
- All flowers and plants are in bloom, creating a romantic setting for “I do’s”
- Outdoor weddings next to the Missouri River are a breeze thanks to warmer temperatures
- Color schemes can be lighter and brighter to match the Hermann vegetation
- This season yields a cornucopia of fresh fruits and vegetables for your customized dinner menu
Speaking of spring, you won’t want to miss our upcoming April Wedding Trail event on Sunday, April 14 from 11 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. This event is free and open to you, your friends and family. Attendees can expect an entire facility tour with the option to taste our open bar and sample menu. You will have the opportunity to meet our staff, tour ceremony and reception locations, view on-site lodging options and meet our wonderful vendors! To put the icing on the cake, we will also be sharing the latest seasonal wedding trends, so you feel confident about any and all things wedding related. This event is all about YOU and helping to plan your big day!
HOT TIP: You can drop by Hermann Hill to see how we set up and cater to the bride and groom on wedding day every Saturday, starting April 20 from 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Summer Weddings Under the Gazebo
The best part about having your wedding at Hermann Hill in the summer is not having to sacrifice your whole summer to planning! We understand couples tend to have a variety of events happening prior to the wedding, including engagement parties, bridal showers, bachelorette and bachelor parties and more. The warm weather usually means it’s a fun and busy time, but that doesn’t mean your wedding should take the backseat. Here at Hermann Hill, we offer a variety of Missouri wedding packages tailored to meet your needs. We help plan the details, so you can enjoy wedding planning and the festivities leading up to your “I do’s” stress-free. When your big day finally arrives, you and your guests can relish in every moment of your dreamy summer wedding on the Missouri River, without looking back.
Top reasons to get married in the summer:
- Daylight is on your side, making sunset photos a gorgeous addition to your riverside wedding
- Hotter temperatures last throughout the day and into the night ensuring you and your guests are comfortable
- Guests can enjoy a delicious summer-inspired spirit during cocktail hour
- Your wedding venue can double as your honeymoon spot making it the perfect destination for summer activities
HOT TIP: We fill up quickly in the summer as it is one of the most popular times of the year. Make sure to book early! If you are still choosing a venue for your 2019 August wedding, we have three Saturday dates left. Check out our online calendar or contact us for more information or questions regarding the ceremony and reception spaces.
Fall Weddings in the Hermann Foilage
Fall is our most requested and popular season for weddings. The autumn foliage made up of miraculous shades of yellow, red and orange line the Missouri River, setting the perfect environment for any ceremony. Whether it’s held at our private River Bluff space or the outdoor gazebo, you and your guests will be inspired by the seasonal beauty and gorgeous sunset on the river.
If you are in the process of planning your big day in fall, plan a meeting with one of our wedding coordinators for a private tour of our ceremony and reception spaces. Set up a tour to experience first-hand the beauty of each space and choose the one that best fits your wedding vision, needs, and requirements. We will walk you through all of the steps, including food, vendor selection, decor, music and more!
Top reasons to get married in Missouri in the fall
- The fall foliage against the Missouri River is breathtaking
- Serving your guest’s hot toddy’s and hot chocolate before your gazebo ceremony is a crowd pleaser
- The changing Hermann landscape sets the stage for darker color schemes and gorgeous pictures
- Wedding decor and dinner plates are seasonally unique, including hints of apple, cinnamon, and pumpkin will make your special day a memorable occasion for everyone
HOT TIP: Fall is our most popular season because of the stunning surroundings and Hermann Oktoberfest, held every weekend in October. For 2019 we only have three Saturday’s available. Hurry and book if you love fall!
Winter is the most magical time of the year for a wedding. While the weather is a bit colder, you will warm right up when you hear about our wonderful venue options, starting with the ceremony space. If you’re dreaming of an intimate classic winter wedding, our gorgeous stained-glass chapel is the perfect place for I do’s. The large windows flood the chapel with natural light, allowing the winter wonderland outside to set the stage for your new lives together.
After the ceremony, you and your guests can cozy up in the beautiful River Room and enjoy a gorgeous panoramic view of the ice-covered Missouri River while toasting champagne. If you’re expecting a larger guest count, don’t worry, our chapel fits up to 250 guests and our indoor pavilion option works perfectly for accommodating larger groups.
Top Reasons to get married in winter:
- Huge ice chunks are often seen floating down the Missouri River and it’s breathtaking
- Fresh snowfall is perfect for dreamy wedding photos
- Off season means much lower rates
- You can be more creative with your dessert menu – hot cocoa bar’s and comfort food
HOT TIP: Ready to set the date for your wonderful winter wedding? We have open dates available for 2019 winter weddings. Contact us for more information.
We look forward to meeting you and happy wedding planning!